Does Cupping Work for Cellulite
- Benefits and How to Use It
Having orange peel textured thighs and hips is a natural skin condition. Yet, if you wish to reduce its intensity, you can try different ways such as massage, oils, creams, exercises, surgeries, lifestyle changes, and more.
Cupping therapy is one of the most hassle-free and quick treatments for this skin condition called cellulite. Cupping for cellulite works like a miracle. Plus, it offers muscle relaxation, pain relief, and similar advantages.
This post discusses everything about cellulite and cupping therapy. Let's dig deeper; here we go:
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a skin condition that pulls the fat downwards and forms lumps and dimples on the skin. Due to the different distribution of muscle, fat, and connective tissues, this skin condition is more common in women than in men.
The interaction between the dermatological layer under your skin, connective tissues, and the layer of fat may cause lumps and bumps on your hips. It's natural and genetic to develop cellulite, especially after puberty or pregnancy.
Some theories suggest that with menopause, the estrogen in women decreases, and blood flow to the connective tissues under the thigh or hips decreases.
Simply put, it's a harmless skin condition you don't have to worry about. But if you want to soothe the back of your thigh, it's always your choice. We suggest you choose non-surgical options like cupping for cellulite instead of surgery, as it's cost-effective, hassle-free, and efficient.
What is Cupping?
Cupping is an ancient Chinese technique where specialists put cups on your skin that apply pressure to muscles and tissues, suck the blood, and improve blood circulation. You can also purchase electric cupping machine to perform cellulite cupping therapy at home.
Does Cupping Work for Cellulite?
According to studies, the suction and pressure of cupping therapy can drain fluids, toxins, and similar chemicals from the tissues. It pulls blood and connective tissues to the surface and fills fat that forms cellulitis. Meanwhile, cupping therapy for cellulite also promotes blood circulation.
So, does cupping help cellulite? Yes, it does. However, you must stay consistent, schedule cellulite cupping therapy, or buy an electronic cupping machine to do it at home at your convenience. You might also have to focus on your lifestyle and follow healthy practices like regular exercise, eating habits, etc.
Benefits of Cupping Therapy
In cupping treatment, suction is created on the skin using cups as alternative medicine. The suction heals the tissues, boosts blood flow, and lessens pain and inflammation. The following are some potential advantages of cellulite cupping therapy:
- Pain relief: By encouraging blood flow and lowering inflammation, cupping treatment can help reduce pain. It may treat several ailments, such as headaches, neck discomfort, and back pain.
- Decreased muscle stiffness and tension: Cupping treatment can help reduce muscle stiffness and enhance flexibility and range of motion.
- Decreased stress and anxiety: Cupping treatment can aid in relaxing and lessen emotions of tension and anxiety. Moreover, it may help with sleep apnea.
- Improved Blood Circulation: Cupping therapy for cellulite also increases blood flow and makes it easier for nutrients and oxygen to reach the tissues. As a result, it may enhance general health and well-being. That's why cupping for cellulite works.
- Increased digestion: Cupping treatment can improve digestion by stimulating the digestive tract and encouraging the release of digestive enzymes.
How to Use Cupping for Cellulite?
You can either appoint a specialist, schedule your treatments and stick to their schedules or buy an at-home cupping machine. In case of cellulite, you may have to do cupping on legs. You can easily do it by yourself or you can also ask your partner or friend to place these machines on the back of your legs, set the timer, pressure, suction, and vibration limits, and relax. The cups will do the rest.
Note: We suggest you check the product description, directions, and cautions before using the cups.
Precautions for Cupping Therapy
Cupping for cellulite is a safe therapy that offers relaxation, stress relief, blood circulation, and more. Yet, you should be cautious and follow these tips while using cupping therapy:
- Find a competent professional or get a safe cupping device: It's crucial to locate a professional with experience in cupping therapy. A skilled practitioner will understand how to administer the treatment correctly and be able to identify any possible hazards or adverse effects. You can also purchase cups for at-home cupping for cellulite.
- Avoid regions with skin injuries: Areas with skin injuries, such as cuts, bruises, or burns, should not be treated with cupping. That can make the situation worse and increase the skin's damage.
- Use caution around pregnant women: Pregnant women should not get cupping treatment, especially on the lower back or belly. There is a chance of starting labor or hurting the fetus.
- Use clean tools: Use sterile cups and similar tools to reduce the danger of infection. Use disposable cups or wash and sanitize reusable cups after each usage, according to the practitioner.
- Avoid using too much suction: Heavy suction can damage tissue and result in bruising and skin irritation. The practitioner must provide the proper quantity of suction for each patient's requirements. When you use electronic cupping for cellulite, you can adjust the suction and pressure level.
- Keep an eye out for side effects: The patient has to be kept an eye out for any side effects, such as nausea, dizziness, or skin irritation. The practitioner should discontinue the therapy in case of negative side effects.
How to Remove Marks after Cupping Therapy?
Some people may be concerned about the markings that cupping treatment might leave on their skin. These markings often have an oval or circular form and come in many colors, including red, purple, and brown.
Although while these markings often go away on their own in a few days to a few weeks, there are certain things you may do to hasten their healing, including:
- Cold compression: Apply a cold compress to the injured region to help minimize swelling and bruising. A bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel works nicely as a cold compress.
- Use creams and lotions: Apply post cupping therapy cream to improve healing and decrease bruising. This is a natural anti-inflammatory. Post-therapy cream relieves aches and pains caused by deep skin penetration of oils.
- Drink enough water: Hydration can aid in the body's ability to eliminate toxins and the healing process.
- Avoid hot bath or shower: Don't take a hot water bath until the markings have vanished. The hot water can worsen bruising and slow the healing process.
- Massage the region softly: Gently massaging with the injured area might improve circulation and accelerate recovery. The skin may be uncomfortable or tender right after the treatment, so be careful to wait a few days before rubbing it.
It's crucial to understand that cupping marks are a common and anticipated side effect of the therapy and shouldn't raise any alarm.
Are you ready to say goodbye to the lump and bumps on your tights and buttocks? Well, you can do it from the comfort of your home. Revomadic understands your needs to reduce cellulite safely. We have invented a smart cupping device that soothes your skin and helps you with cellulite.
Our REVO™ technology tightens your muscles with dynamic features like suctioning, red light treatment, vibrational massaging, IR heat, and more. Try cupping on legs and see the results yourself. Shop now!